Monday, October 6, 2008

Kru Sushi - 85 Points

Location -- 2516 J St, between 25th and 26th

Website -- http://www.krurestaurant.com

I have been waiting for that token sushi place to come along. You know, the one with the perfect balance of price and quality. I still haven't found it in Sacramento. Kru delivered in quality with fresh-tasting fish, beautiful displays, great plating, and a nice ambiance inside, but the prices were a bit steep. I understand that generally good quality = higher price, but I've been to many AMAZING sushi restaurants that were under $10/roll.

We ate--
krazy kali - snow crab, spicy tuna, avocado, all rolled and lightly fried, spicy cream, garlic cream, shiso oil, kaiware
spicy d - shrimp tempura, spicy tuna, cucumbers, topped with avocado, seared tuna, smelt roe, micro-greens, garlic cream and chili sauces
fatty tuna sashimi - tuna.


I would definitely go back, but not after exploring all of our options in the area.

Bottom Line -- Great sushi, wide variety, bit pricey.

No comments: